The industry of games of chance has been growing progressively in Serbia over the past years, especially in the fields of online betting and gambling, which consequently led to much greater interest of foreign and domestic legal entities in starting the business of organizing games of chance on the territory of Serbia. However, the gaming industry is subject to complex legislation that is constantly evolving (a new Law on Games of Chance came into force in 2020), so investors who want to enter the Serbian market need complex and effective legal advice from lawyers who are experts in this area.
Our law firm has extensive experience in providing services in projects for domestic and foreign organizers of betting and gambling in casinos (both sports betting and slot machines and roulette) and electronically on the Internet. We are ready to apply and use our contacts and knowledge about investments and shortcomings in this industry in order to identify relevant options and strategies for success and achieving results.
Areas of work:
- legal advice and support regarding the conditions (licences and permits) that need to be met and obtained to establish a legal entity that will organize gambling and/or betting;
- establishment of a business entity in the appropriate form and support before the selected bank for payment of the prescribed amount of share capital and deposits for the organization of certain types of games of chance;
- drafting of legal Due Diligencereport from the aspect of compliance of the company – organizer of games of chance with the legal regulations;
- representation before the Administration on games of chance and the Government of the Republic of Serbia in order to obtain all types of approvals and permits for organizing certain forms of gambling in Serbia;
- representation before an authorized institute – laboratory for testing and issuing certificates that equipment (hardware and software) meets the requirements for organizing a certain form of gambling;
- obtaining certificates from the competent authorities that the founder of the organizer has not been convicted of crimes against the economy and crimes against property;
- drafting of contracts for the procurement of necessary IT equipment for the organization of electronic betting;
- protection of intellectual property (trademark, copyright for online betting applications, know-how, etc.);
- tax counselling in the field of games of chance.